Thursday 20 March 2014

19-Year-Old Girl Vomits Money In Ghana [Photos & Video]

(DAILY GRAPHIC) – Family members of a young
woman are in shock over her predicament after
she disappeared for a week in January this year,
only to return and begin vomiting money, broken
bottles, nails, an egg and pins in church.
Nineteen-year-old Rebecca Ankobea, who is
currently living on the premises of the church,
Building Faith Ministry International (BFMI), has
so far vomited close to GH¢50 in GH¢5 and GH
¢1 denominations, as well as coins in 50Gp and
20Gp denominations.
Although Rebecca had been living on the church
premises at Lapaz in Accra for more than a
month, it was not until last Friday that she
allegedly began vomiting the items.
When the Daily Graphic visited the church
Wednesday – March 19, Rebecca, who was
wearing a brown long-sleeved dress and spotting
a scruffy hair, was lying on a mattress in the
church auditorium.
To prove that the story was not a fabrication,
the church made available a number of videos
showing her vomiting some of the items.
In one video, she vomited nails; in another she
threw up broken bottles, while in yet another
there was a folded GH¢1 note.
In several of the videos, she could be seen
wincing in pain and agony, crawling on the floor,
suffering a coughing fit before vomiting some of
the items.
Her family members pointed accusing fingers at
unknown kidnappers or ‘sakawa’ ritualists who,
they believed, had kidnapped her at Kasoa in the
Central Region and attempted to use her for
rituals but failed.
Speaking to the Daily Graphic, Ms Tina Ankobea,
Rebecca’s aunt, said, “The things she is
vomiting are quite scary. I have never seen
anything like that before. We went to several
places to look for her. We thank God that she is
alive.”
She claimed that a day before Rebecca was
found, they had attended a prayer session at the
BFMI, where they had been told that she would
be found.
Narrating what she claimed to be her ordeal to
the Daily Graphic, Rebecca said on the day of her
kidnap, she had been sent to the Kasoa Market
by her aunt to buy a mortar and a pestle.
“I picked a trotro by the roadside when I was
retuning home. On the way, I told the driver I
would alight at Just Love Bus Stop. Immediately
a lady sitting beside me used her elbow to hit
me in the face, before using a handkerchief to
cover my face. I didn’t know when I lost
consciousness.
“When I regained consciousness, I was in the
bush, with my hands and legs bound together. A
man came and ordered that they should untie me
and kill me. They stabbed me a number of times
but nothing happened,” she said.
She said when the man realised that nothing
was happening, he ordered his colleagues to
send her away.
“They hit me in the face on countless occasions
and gave me something to drink before dumping
me somewhere. When I regained consciousness
again, my thighs were swollen and I was in
pain,” she said.
Interestingly, there was no major marks on her,
except for a small scar on her thigh. She,
however, produced a tattered blouse and a pair
of trousers that were severely torn on the chest
and thighs.
She said she later managed to crawl to the
roadside where a Good Samaritan who found her
in a wretched state asked about what had
happened to her.
“The man gave me his overcoat, GH¢2 and then
put me in a taxi heading to Kasoa. The taxi
driver took me home when he saw the state in
which I was. When I got home, I couldn’t talk.
My parents then brought me to the church,” she
added.
She said anytime she wanted to vomit, she could
feel aches in her stomach, with something
pinching her in the stomach.
“I still have nightmares of what happened when I
sleep. I see them chasing me,” she added, with a
serious look on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment